1. Donations will be doubled. A handful of incredibly generous donors have agreed to matching donations dollar-for-dollar up to $150,000. That’s $300,000 we can raise for animals!
2. Our outreach counts on it. Team Vegan donations fuel our Fall outreach – and we want to beat the record we set last Fall, when we handed booklets to more than one million individuals!
3. Farmed animals count on it. It’s up to us to do what we can to be voices for the voiceless. And raising funds to encourage and help people go vegan is one of the best ways to make sure they’re heard.
4. You can win prizes! The top five volunteer fundraisers will receive a $100 gift card to Vegan Essentials, Pangea, or The Vegetarian Site. Fundraisers who raise $500 by June 30 will receive a Team Vegan hat. And everyone will receive a coupon for a free Tofurky product and be eligible for even more prizes!
5. You could start off with $100! A very generous donor has agreed to “seed the pots” of Team Vegan fundraisers who sign up and have a picture uploaded and blurb written by May 20th.
6. It’s a great “gateway” for your non-vegan friends and family into doing something kind for farmed animals. Get them involved in supporting VO, and they may decide to take a next step: reading about factory farming on our website, ordering a Guide to Cruelty-Free Eating, or just paying more attention when you post recipes online.
7. You’ll be representing VO, which has been around since 1993, putting farmed animals front and center and conducting strategic and effective grassroots vegan activism.
8. You won’t be alone! Each week, you’ll receive an email from me – Lisa – with tidbits of inspiration, tips about effective fundraising, and some fun surprises!
9. It’s inspiring! You will be surprised and delighted by the generosity of your friends and family. They’ll give because they want to support you, and what a great way to do so.
10. The math sums it up: More donations = more outreach = less suffering!