Vegan Outreach is offering touring apprenticeships to energetic, upbeat, and positive activists interested in creating real change for animals. As a Community Outreach Apprentice with Vegan Outreach, you’ll learn effective grassroots advocacy skills, meet like-minded people, and engage in person-to-person outreach.
Touring apprentices will work closely with our traveling Community Outreach Coordinators and receive a stipend of $75 per week.
Community Outreach Apprentices are an integral part of our team. As such, the work requires dedication and reliability.
Title: Community Outreach Apprentice
Locations: Traveling throughout the U.S. • Greater Los Angeles area, CA • San Francisco Bay Area, CA • Boston, MA and Maine • Albuquerque, NM • New York City, NY and New Jersey • Columbus, OH • South Carolina • Texas • Seattle, WA • Independent opportunities in your area • Australia • Mexico • India
Hours: 20–40 hours per week (exact amount to be determined prior to start date)
Time Frame: A commitment of three weeks is required. Our biggest need is for apprentices who can travel during the Spring and Fall school semesters.
Stipend: A stipend of $75 per week is payable after the successful completion of the outreach tour.
As a touring Apprentice, you will:
- Develop interpersonal skills and gain valuable experience as part of a leading grassroots animal rights non-profit.
- Perform high-quality one-on-one outreach alongside a Vegan Outreach mentor, primarily on college campuses, to gather sign-ups for our free 10 Weeks to Vegan program.
- Staff Vegan Outreach information tables and help with virtual reality outreach at festivals, food sampling, and other youth-oriented events.
- Cultivate an interest in Vegan Outreach’s work through positive social media posts
- Perform other internet duties as requested to further the mission of Vegan Outreach.
- Handle all Vegan Outreach gear with care including virtual reality headsets, canopies, tablecloths, tables, and cooking equipment.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Commitment to Vegan Outreach’s objectives, including our pragmatic approach of welcoming gradual change.
- Friendly and personable demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- Ability to stand or walk for hours at a time while leafleting.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Reliable access to a smartphone with an Internet connection.
- In some cases, a car, a valid driver’s license, and auto insurance will be necessary.
- Interns may be required to provide their own housing if in a fixed location.
- Adherence to Vegan Outreach’s Harassment and Discrimination Policy.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to Vic Sjodin at [email protected]. Please indicate your area preference and availability.
Learn about additional ways to get involved here!