Adopt a College Internship Program
Vegan Outreach is offering internships to energetic, upbeat and positive activists interested in creating real change for animals through VO’s life-saving work. As a Vegan Outreach intern, you’ll learn effective grassroots advocacy skills, meet like-minded people, and engage in person-to-person outreach.
Interns will work with our Outreach Coordinators. Alternatively, interns could tour with any of our traveling leafleters.
As an intern, you will:
- Leaflet with Vegan Outreach materials at colleges, concerts, and festivals.
- Staff Vegan Outreach information tables at public events.
- Participate in social media outreach.
As a Vegan Outreach intern, you’ll be considered part of our team. As such, the internship requires dedication and reliability.
Locations: Columbus, OH • Australia • Mexico • Traveling throughout U.S.
Hours: 20–40 hours per week (exact amount to be determined prior to internship)
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform high-quality one-on-one advocacy alongside a Vegan Outreach mentor, primarily on college campuses.
- Staff Vegan Outreach tables at festivals, feed-ins, and other youth-oriented events.
- Cultivate interest in VO’s work through positive social media postings and one-to-one interactions.
- Perform other internet duties as requested, to further the mission of Vegan Outreach.
- Strong work ethic, including a willingness and ability to be on your feet for hours at a time leafleting.
- Commitment to Vegan Outreach’s objectives, including our pragmatic approach of welcoming gradual change.
- Friendly and personable manner and the ability to work well with others and communicate effectively.
- Professional and clean personal presentation.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Reliable access to the internet and/or a smartphone.
- In some cases, a car and valid driver’s license will be necessary.
- Interns are required to provide their own housing.
Time Frame: Internships start at the beginning of each month. A one-month commitment is required. We most need interns who can travel during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Stipend: A stipend of $50 per week is payable after the satisfactory completion of the internship. Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide housing at this point.
Apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to Vic Sjodin at email@example.com. Please indicate your city preference and whether you would like Vegan Outreach to work with your college or university for internship credit.