What Vegan Outreach Does
Each year, Vegan Outreach goes to hundreds of colleges and universities, festivals, and various community events in India to share the benefits of adopting a vegan diet.
We do this by speaking to classes and student groups, giving out food samples, tabling, leafleting, and showing virtual reality slaughterhouse and dairy industry footage.
All of our outreach is aimed at signing up students and community members for our free 10 Weeks to Vegan program, which provides them with a deep foundation in veganism with ten points of contact right in their email inbox. That’s ten more seeds we can plant with each person after our initial interaction with them during outreach.
10 Weeks to Vegan encourages participants to replace one animal product each week with a vegan version. The emails contain nutrition information, easy and delicious vegan recipes, and inspiring facts about animals. We track the impact of 10 Weeks to Vegan via surveys and we’re happy to say it’s making a big difference in people’s lives!
How You Can Help
We need dedicated volunteers to help us organise events at colleges and reach more students and community members to spare more animals from suffering. With just a few short hours of your time, you can change several dozen students’ lives forever!
Some of the benefits of volunteering are:
- Your work will spread veganism, sparing countless animals from suffering.
- You’ll gain experience with a premier animal rights organization.
- You’ll practice and become more comfortable speaking about veganism.
- You’ll have a chance to earn a certificate of appreciation and a recommendation letter which we offer to outstanding volunteers.
- You’ll make new connections that can last a lifetime and play an important role in the animal rights community and movement!
Vegan Outreach volunteers are often surprised and delighted to see how friendly and receptive the public is to Vegan Outreach’s message. Simply smiling, being kind, offering information, and answering any questions goes a long way.
Volunteering with Vegan Outreach is for caring people of all ages. Anyone can take part in helping. No matter your time commitment, your age, or your level of experience, we’ll find a fun and rewarding way for you to join us in creating a vegan world!