India Outreach Coordinator
Vegan Outreach is a 501c3 nonprofit organization working to end violence towards animals. Vegan Outreach seeks a future when sentient animals are no longer exploited as commodities. While based in the United States, we’re very active in Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, India, and most recently Kenya.
Terms of employment: Full-time, Independent Contractor
Reports to: Director of Programs, India
Location: Remote in Bangalore, India
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform high-quality one-on-one advocacy, primarily at college campuses, to gather signups for Vegan Outreach’s 10 Weeks to Vegan program.
- Conduct outreach (includes virtual reality, humane education, tabling, and leafleting) at colleges, festivals, fairs, and other youth-oriented events.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local colleges, universities, and event organizers and schedule outreach events.
- Collaborate with local activists and build a network of volunteers.
- Maintain thorough records of outreach and expenses and follow Vegan Outreach’s reporting guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned to further the mission of Vegan Outreach.
- Commitment to Vegan Outreach’s objectives, including our pragmatic approach of welcoming gradual change.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to work well with others.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Experience with public speaking is preferred.
- A willingness and ability to travel frequently and be on your feet while talking to people for several hours at a time.
- Reliable access to the internet and a smartphone and/or a personal computer.
- Basic functional experience with Google Drive, Google Sheets, and email.
- At least 18 years of age. A minimum of 1-2 years of work experience is preferred.
Compensation: This is an hourly position with an average salary range of 4,20,000 – 5,04,000 INR per annum.
- Please familiarise yourself with Vegan Outreach’s work by reading the website and introductory pages (About Vegan Outreach and Vegan Advocacy in India) before applying.
- Apply here.
- General queries may be addressed to [email protected]. Applications will only be accepted through the link above.
Application Deadline: January 25th, 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Vegan Outreach provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, caste, sex, descent, religion, place of birth, residence, national, social or ethnic origin, age, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family, marital or parental status. Vegan Outreach does not tolerate any forms of discrimination or harassment.
There are no full-time positions available in other locations at this time, but we’re always looking for Community Outreach Apprentices. Learn more here.
Please check back soon and, in the meantime, consider volunteering with us!