Vegan Outreach has been distributing free vegan meals and groceries to communities severely impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. Since April 2020, we’ve served meals and grocery bags totaling over 1,855,139 vegan meals—that means 1,855,139 meals and bags of groceries to food-insecure families! We need your help to continue this work, will you consider making a donation to Vegan Food Aid?
This work truly stretches community-wide as we’ve been able to partner with other social justice organizations to serve communities. We primarily serve the same individuals repeatedly for a long period of time, in order to sustain them during this pandemic and further introduce them to a vegan lifestyle. Not only has providing support to our communities allowed us to additionally support local restaurants, grocers, and organizations, but it has also kept our outreach team employed as public outreach has come to a halt.
Here are some highlights from the past several months:
- Delivered over 772,000 meals and groceries to Albuquerque families and the Navajo Nation in New Mexico and Arizona.
- Delivered over 286,000 meals and groceries to food-insecure families in Redwood City.
- Collaborated with the nonprofits Black Women for Wellness and Black Lives Matter to provide 159,000 hot meals and groceries to families in Los Angeles.
- Delivered over 61,000 groceries and hot meals from local restaurants directly to the homes of farmworker families in Dixon, California and food-insecure families in Sacramento and Stockton, California.
- In partnership with the League of United Latin American Citizens Iowa, we’ve delivered 98,000 meals to those in cities dealing with ICE raids and that were sites of some of the worst COVID-19 factory farm outbreaks in Iowa.
- Collaborated with the nonprofit Brave Space Alliance in Chicago and Cherokee Nation to deliver grocery boxes providing over 490,000 meals.
- Partnered with the Center for Farmworker Families to provide over 6,300 hot meals and groceries to farmworkers in Watsonville, California.
- Provided over 11,800 grocery bags to at-risk LGBTQ members, refugees from IRC, and families from various nonprofits in the San Diego area.
Request Vegan Food Aid
If you are impacted by the pandemic and would like to receive Vegan Food Aid, we are currently only serving communities in Albuquerque, Northern California, Bay Area California, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Chicago. If you reside in these locations please fill out our request form.
Volunteer for Vegan Food Aid
Would you like to volunteer for Vegan Food Aid? Fill out this form.