By Jean Philippe of The Buddhist Chef, Guest Blogger
I discovered this dish in Thailand where I was taking cooking lessons in a very nice vegetarian restaurant. I fell in love with this healthy Pad Thai recipe. I hope you’ll like it – you can find more recipes like this at TheBuddhistChef.com!
(click image to play video)
- 1 cup firm tofu diced
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 French shallots, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 medium carrots julienned or grated
- 1 diced tomato
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp cane sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or dried chili to taste
- 4 cups rehydrated rice noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak rice noodles in hot water until they are fully hydrated.
- Coat the tofu in corn starch. Fry tofu in oil until browned. Set aside.
- Sauté the shallots, green onions, garlic, carrots and diced tomatoes in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, cane sugar and chili paste.
- Add the rice noodles, bean sprouts, fried tofu, crushed peanuts and rice vinegar. Continue cooking for 3 minutes and serve.