By Lori Stultz, Communications Manager
Whether you’re preparing lunch in your kitchen or in a cramped dorm room, these Fresh Summer Rolls will hit the spot when wanting to eat something fresh and healthy, but easy prepare!
Join Kim Sujovolsky—founder of Brownble—as she demonstrates just how simple and versatile these rolls can be.
Fresh Summer Rolls
Yield: Make as many as you’d like! No measuring required!
- A bowl filled with water
- Rice paper sheets—you’ll use one per summer roll
- Carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- Cucumber, de-seeded and cut into strips
- Green onion, finely chopped
- Purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro and/or mint leaves
- Avocado slices
- Roasted or steamed sweet potato cut into thick sticks
- Sautéed shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Extra firm tofu cut into thick strips
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Sriracha sauce
- Hoisin sauce or sweet chili sauce
- Place your rice paper sheet in a bowl of water to rehydrate.
- Once pliable, spread on the plate and place a little bit of each filling in the center.
- Fold the short ends towards the filling, and then start rolling by folding over one edge towards the filling and continue rolling until closed.
- Place the roll on a plate while you assemble the rest. Serve them one of the sauces listed below. Enjoy!