What Vegan Outreach Does
Each year, Vegan Outreach goes to over a thousand colleges and universities, festivals, and various community events to share the benefits of adopting a vegan diet.
We do this by speaking to classes and student groups, giving out food samples, tabling, leafleting, and showing iAnimal, virtual reality slaughterhouse footage by Animal Equality.
All of our outreach is aimed at signing up students and community members for our free 10 Weeks to Vegan program, which provides them with a deep foundation in veganism with ten points of contact right in their email inbox. That’s ten more seeds we can plant with each person after our initial interaction with them during outreach.
10 Weeks to Vegan encourages participants to replace one animal product each week with a vegan version. The emails contain nutrition information, easy and delicious vegan recipes, and inspiring facts about animals. We track the impact of 10 Weeks to Vegan via surveys and we’re happy to say it’s making a big difference in people’s lives!
How You Can Help
We need dedicated volunteers to help us reach more students and community members to spare more animals from suffering. With just a few short hours of your time, you can change several dozen students’ lives forever!
Some of the benefits of volunteering are:
- Your work will spread veganism, sparing countless animals from suffering.
- You’ll gain experience with a premier animal rights organization.
- You’ll practice and become more comfortable speaking about veganism.
- You’ll make new connections that can last a lifetime and play an important role in the animal rights community and movement!
Vegan Outreach volunteers are often surprised and delighted to see how friendly and receptive the public is to Vegan Outreach’s message. Simply smiling, being kind, offering information, and answering any questions goes a long way.
Volunteering with Vegan Outreach is for caring people of all ages. Anyone can take part in helping. No matter your time commitment, your age, or your level of experience, we’ll find a fun and rewarding way for you to join us in creating a vegan world!
“I have very limited free time, so I make sure my time volunteering is spent in the best way possible. That’s why I choose to volunteer with Vegan Outreach. Their events and outreach are well organized, and they have well-thought-out literature and awesome food samples. All of those combined make speaking about the vegan message the most credible it can be and therefore the most effective! I am thrilled to continue volunteering with Vegan Outreach!”
– Stephanie Tassone, Columbia, SC
Most of our in-person outreach is on hiatus for the remainder of the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can still help us by sharing our 10 Weeks to Vegan signup with friends, family, and community members on social media or other channels. Did you know that research has shown that vegan challenges make a tremendous difference in getting people to commit to going veg?
- Signup link to share: www.10Weeks.org
- Download and print our pull-tab posters to hang around your campus or community.
Or we have many ways to help online!
- Support us for free by reviewing vegan products and dishes!
- Restaurant Outreach: Help put more vegan options on menus locally and nationwide.
- Become a Vegan Mentor: Help someone go vegan by sharing your knowledge.
U.S. and Canada
Mexico Campaigns and Spanish Media Manager
To volunteer in India, please fill out our Volunteer Form.