By Frederico Maciel de Mello
I’m not a super cook so I like easy recipes. Here is one of my favorites.
- 4 tablespoons of vegan butter or olive oil (with vegan butter it is much tastier)
- 4 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 500 ml of cashew nut milk (you can use unsweetened milk, but cashew nut milk is great because it has a neutral flavor)
- Salt, black pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- In a heated pan put the butter and let it melt. Add the flour and stir for about 2 minutes with the help of a spoon or spatula
- Add the milk all at once and, with the help of a wire whisk, mix well until it boils
- Put the fire down and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time
- Finally, season generously with nutmeg, salt and black pepper
- Yields approximately 400 grams of sauce
- Add to your favorite pasta and enjoy!