Breaking news! You can go vegan and still have delicious tasting wings!
Spicy Seitan Buffalo Wings
Yields about 6 servings.
- 1 pound seitan, sliced into strips—Upton’s Naturals and WestSoy are a few suggested brands
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying—or any other kind of cooking oil
- ⅓ cup margarine, melted
- ½ cup hot sauce or wing sauce—double check labels to make sure it’s vegan
- Coat the seitan with the garlic and onion powder.
- Lightly fry the seitan in oil over medium-high heat for five to seven minutes, or until lightly browned on all sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the melted margarine and hot sauce.
- Place the seitan in the bowl and cover with the margarine hot sauce mix. The coating will firm up as the seitan cools down.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- If you’re gluten-free, try Beyond Meat’s Chicken Strips or any other gluten-free, vegan meat you enjoy.