By Stacy Shepanek, South Carolina Outreach Coordinator and Communications Designer
I kid you not—these Cacao Bites taste like brownies! They’re delicious and easy to make!
Tastes Like Brownies Cacao Date Bites
Yields 8-10 Bites.
- 7-8 Medjool dates—if they are not soft, soak them in warm water for 90 seconds
- 1 scraped vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ¾ cup raw walnut pieces
- ¾ cup raw cashew pieces
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Unsweetened coconut shreds
- Cacao powder
- Cacao nibs
- Hemp seeds
- Combine all bite ingredients except the Medjool dates in a food processor. Pulse until all of the ingredients are finely chopped and blended.
- Add the dates and process until the mixture is blended and sticks together.
- Scoop out a large spoonful and roll between your hands to create evenly-sized balls.
- When all the balls have been rolled, mix the topping ingredients together on a plate and roll the bites in the mixture until evenly coated.
- Chill for 15 minutes, serve and enjoy.