(click image to watch video)
By Josie Moody, Office Manager
Elvis Presley was known for some of his unusual tastes–and that includes food! In memory of The King’s passing* 38 years ago this week, we take one of his most famous, favorite snacks and make it vegan. Even if you don’t consider yourself a cook, you can whip up this treat in about the time it takes to listen to three of Elvis’ greatest hits!
*At least that’s what they’d have us believe!
For more weekly videos, please subscribe to our YouTube channel!
2 slices of your favorite bread
- Vegan Butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Vegan Honee (or Agave Nectar)
- Vegan Bacon (optional)
- Spread vegan butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Mash up banana in bowl and put to side.
- Spread peanut butter on non-buttered side of one piece of bread.
- Spread Vegan Honee on non-buttered side of second piece of bread.
- Take mashed bananas and put on top of the Vegan Honee.
- Set aside and follow instructions on cooking vegan bacon.
- After bacon is cooked, put on top of peanut butter on bread, and then put the two pieces of bread with all the ingredients together to make a sandwich.
- Transfer to non-stick pan and cook on low to medium heat until golden brown, then flip with spatula.
- After both sides are browned, transfer to plate, slice in half and enjoy!