By Lori Stultz, Communications Manager
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with that special someone, a group of friends, your dog or cat, or completely alone—no judgment, seriously—this delicious treat will certainly make your day a little sweeter.
This is my own version of these No Bake Mini Chocolate Raspberry Pies. I used a few “accidentally vegan” favs—Oreos and Skittles—and added a touch of coconut.
Intrigued? Good! You won’t be disappointed.
Frozen Chocolate Pies
Yields 6 pies.
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- 2-2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 package dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1 package of Skittles (red Skittles picked out and set aside)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Place the Oreos in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and crunch the cookies (using your hands or fists) into small crumbs.
- Measure the coconut oil into a small pan and place over low heat until the oil is melted.
- Pour the melted coconut oil into the Ziploc bag and shake the bag until all the crumbs are covered in oil.
- Place 6 muffin tin liners in a muffin tin and spoon the crumb mixture evenly into each lined cup. Pack the crumb mixture down with a spoon—make sure it’s packed down nice and tight!
- Pour the package of chocolate chips into a small pan and place over low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Divide and pour the melted chocolate over the packed crumb mixture into each lined cup.
- Sprinkle the Skittles and coconut flakes as toppings as desired.
- Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours. Enjoy!
- If the chocolate does not melt into a smooth consistency, add a tablespoon or two of oil and stir.
- The candy and coconut are by no means required—feel free to add whatever toppings you want to make the chocolate pies festive and fun!