By Janet Kearney, Guest Contributor
Try this quick and easy, colorful spread on toast, crackers, or right off the spoon!
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of cooked beetroot—see directions below
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 6 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Vegenaise Horseradish Sauce
- Begin by scrubbing the beetroot and boiling it for 30 minutes. Peel and place into a blender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients, except the horseradish, in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and spoon in the horseradish sauce—swirl it in instead of mixing fully into the dish. Serve & Enjoy!