By Lori Stultz, Communications Manager
When I threw these ingredients together, turned on my crock pot, left for a good chunk of the day, and came home to a meal I didn’t have to do any type of preparation for, it felt like I had cheated at making a delicious meal.
For a feel-good bowl of chili on the days you just don’t feel like spending time in the kitchen, this is it.
Chili for When You Don’t Feel Like Making Chili
Yields 4 servings.
- 1 bag beefy crumbles (Beyond Meat, Boca, Gardein, etc.)
- 1 bag frozen sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 packet vegetarian chili seasoning mix
- 1-1 ½ cups water (amount depends on how thick you like your chili)
Crock Pot Method
- Set the temperature to high, pour all of the ingredients in, and give it a good stir. You can let the chili heat in the crock pot for up to eight hours. The longer the chili is in the crock pot, the more flavorful it will be.
Stove Top Method
- Pour all of the ingredients into a large pan. Turn the heat to medium-high, stir, and heat thoroughly. If you’re not ready to eat it right away, turn the heat to low until you’re ready. The longer the chili sits on low heat, the more flavorful it will be.
- For a little extra flavor, try adding a dollop of vegan sour cream or guacamole.
- You can also add a handful of vegan shredded cheddar cheese.