By Lori Stultz, Communications Manager
Here’s another example of a fast food favorite that no one has to “give up” when you choose to not consume animal products.
Swap out the dairy ice cream with a few delicious alternatives and BAM—you’ve got yourself a delicious vegan treat.
Chocolate Oreo Vegan Blizzard
Yields 2 servings.
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup frozen strawberries
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1½-2 tablespoons peanut butter—or any other kind of nut butter
- 1-1½ cups plant-based milk
- A handful of ice cubes
- Agave nectar to desired sweetness
- 6-7 crushed Oreos
- Place bananas, strawberries, cocoa powder, peanut butter, 1 cup of plant-based milk, and ice in a blender. If the mixture is not smooth after blending, add more milk, a little at a time, until smooth. Add agave as desired.
- Spoon the ice cream into a large bowl and stir in the crushed Oreos.
- Divide between two glasses and garnish with Oreos. Serve immediately and enjoy!