By Lori Stultz, Communications Manager
I think we can all agree that there’s something extra special—and tasty—about homemade French fries. Renee Press with Fire and Earth Kitchen puts a spin on these spuds that ketchup lovers are going to drool over!
Ketchup Baked Home Fries
Yields 2-4 servings.
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil (avocado, grape seed, or canola)
- 5-6 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cubed (no need to peel)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup potato starch (or corn starch)
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F, lightly oil baking sheet, and set aside.
- Cut potatoes into roughly 1″ cubes and place on baking sheet. Cover with remaining ingredients—including ketchup, but not parsley—and use your hands to toss to coat.
- Spread into an even layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip potatoes and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley, if desired, and more ketchup drizzled on top. Enjoy!
You can get Renee’s original recipe here.