By Lori Stultz, Communications Manager
Enjoy this flavor-filled Mediterranean Edamame Quinoa Bowl as one of your plant-based meals for Vegetarian Awareness Month. There’s little to prepare, but a whole lot to enjoy!
Mediterranean Edamame Quinoa Bowl
Yields 1 large entrée-sized bowl, or 4 small servings.
- 2 cups loosely packed, fresh greens—i.e., baby kale, arugula, romaine
- ½ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted, whole
- 1 small Persian cucumber, with peel, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts—or other nut of choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch sea salt—optional
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch smoked red paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Fill a large, individual-sized bowl with greens.
- Arrange the following on top of the greens: edamame, cherry tomatoes, cooked quinoa, Kalamata olives, sliced cucumbers, sliced red onions, and pine nuts.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, red paprika, and oregano.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad bowl, evenly.
Click here for the original recipe.
One thought on “Mediterranean Edamame Quinoa Bowl”
Comments are closed.