By Toni Okamoto
It’s fall and I want pumpkin everything! Starting with these delicious cookies!
- 1 C vegan butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C apple sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 C flour
- 1 C non-dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix brown and granulated sugars until creamed. Add pumpkin, vanilla and apple sauce and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chip and walnuts, if using.
- On a greased pan, place flattened cookie dough at the size of your preference. I made 12 large cookies, as photographed. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they look dry – but try not to burn the bottom.
- Let sit until cooled. Enjoy!