Happy new year, 2022. We have had fantastic accomplishments leading to tangible and lasting change this past year only because of our generous supporters.
Vegan Outreach India dedicates this newsletter to all the supporters.
Green Tuesday Initiative Reduced 336,000 Kg of Animal Products
We had our biggest successes last year. We partnered with 10 major entities in India and implemented the Green Tuesday Initiative.
Here are some highlights:
- We organized 150+ Adopt College webinars this year and signed up 40,000 students for the 10 Weeks India program.
- Four colleges, REVA University, Auro University, Sanatan Dharma College, G H Raisoni University, signed the Memorandum of Understanding as part of our Adopt a College Collaborations and pledged to organize animal rights awareness events throughout the year.
- We organized two virtual tours:
1. Mission Compassion, organized in May, was a huge success. 7000+ students participated in the 5-day event.
2. Mission Compassion 2.0, organized in November, encouraged 14,000+ students from 240 colleges to consider going vegan!
Our Team Expansion
Komal Tehlan is our newest outreach coordinator, spearheading college partnerships and outreach in Delhi, NCR, and other northern regions of India. She’s inspired 2,200 students to join the 10 Weeks to Vegan.
Sowndarya Ganesan joined the India campaign team in March. She is an environment enthusiast and has been an asset in getting Green Tuesday partnerships.
10 Weeks Testimonial
Because of you, Praneetha could go vegan. She shared her 10 Weeks to Vegan program experience with us:
We are cherishing all of these accomplishments because of you. Thank you for being there for the animals.
Director of Programs, India