By Lori Stultz, Communications Manager
This time, Kim is showing us how to make a breakfast classic—Blueberry Pancakes!
Thank you, Kim, for continuing to share your culinary magic with Vegan Outreach and its supporters!
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Yields 6 pancakes.
- 1 cup soy milk or your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mixed berries
- Banana slices
- Chopped walnuts
- Some non-dairy butter and 100% pure maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, vinegar, and ground flaxseeds to make the buttermilk. Set aside while you prepare your other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and buttermilk mixture.
- Mix with a fork until just combined—be very careful not to overmix. The batter will be very thick, and some lumps are OK.
- Let the batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes. This is key for achieving perfect fluffy pancakes!
- Add a small amount of high heat oil or spray oil to a large griddle or non-stick pan. Turn burner to medium-high heat.
- Add pancake batter to a pan or griddle using a ¼ measuring cup. As soon as you’ve added the batter, turn the heat down a little and top each pancake with a few blueberries. Continue to cook for a few minutes on each side—until the pancakes are golden brown. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Top pancakes with a pat of non-dairy butter, sliced banana, berries, chopped walnuts, and pour maple syrup on top. Enjoy!